Have a quick question? You may find your answer n this INS MLM Frequently Asked Question manual page.
Payments & Order Entry
1. Why I cannot set an admin order to Paid with the checkbox, it is grayed out? Paid option disabled in Admin Order?
Is the payment type in concern - Credit Card? You can not use the Paid option for Credit Card orders. This option can only be used for NON real time Payment types such as Money Order, Check, etc. Select a non real time payment method and notice that the Paid checkbox will be enabled.
2. Why I am not able to edit the credit card information for any associate account as an admin? I keep getting an error message?
Login as admin through your domain instead of the INS numbered system to avoid errors from the server or the system itself. i.e.. Log into:
www.yourdomainname.com/admin and NOT into the INS Numbered System: ####.sysaps.com/admin
3. When can you refund an order? Is there a time frame? How long until the refunded amount is shown at the customer/distributors end?
If you attempt a refund of an order paid by Credit Card, we initially attempt to Void the Transaction. Voiding a transaction is available up to 24 hours after the initial transaction was processed and before it has gone through to what is called the settlement process. Click here to learn more.
4. Is there a way to delete the orders when the commission period is closed and then re-run commissions?
You can delete a particular order and rerun the commissions as long as the commissions have not been paid to the members. If the commissions are paid out, we will need to do it for you. Check out the manual to learn more about Deleteing Orders for a certain distributor.
5. Why are some of the incomplete orders disappearing from the system? Why can't I find the previous incomplete orders?
The orders which were aborted before selecting a payment method are left incomplete, i.e. the orders that are not paid. An order must have chosen a valid payment type to proceed to the next step. If the order status remains as incomplete, it will be deleted during daily housekeeping.
6. Card Verification Value (CVV) not saving on the Website for some customers using the Credit Card payment type?
Our system removes the CVV security code once it has been processed successfully the first time in order to be PCI (Payment Card Industry) Compliant. The CVV is not allowed to be stored. The theory is that if a system is successfully hacked, and the encryption successfully broken, by not having the CVV, it would make it much harder to sell the obtained data, as it could not be used as easily to steal online. However, the users can process the Credit Card again without the CVV, once it has been used through the payment gateway successfully - as the payment gateway recognizes that the credit card has been used before and verified the security code.
7. Does INS MLM support the ACH (Automated Clearing House) payment method?
Yes. Our system supports ACH payments. Usually the Standard NACHA file is fine for you to send to your bank, but it is always best to get your particular banking institutions NACHA file format to ensure it is compatible with ours. If it is different, don't worry, this normally takes only about an hour of customization to make them match.
8. Withdrawal to Credit Card or Wire Transfer doesn't work? It shows the Error: Invalid object name 'vw_IDPaymentDetail'.
Withdrawal to credit card or wire is not even possible, this has been rectified for all new systems. If you see this problem occur and are a longer term client, do the following: Turn off Outgoing and any other Out option for Credit Card in the Configuration > Money > Payment Types page.
9. What do the Credit Card statutes mean? What needs to be done in case of a CC Decline?
CC Accepted: The Credit Card in use is verified and the transaction using that card was successful.
CC Declined: The Credit Card in use could not be verified and the transaction failed.
CC Approval: The transaction was attempted, but failed - as it tried to approve the card, but the approval failed.
For both CC Declined and CC Approval statuses, the card holder needs to speak with their bank and followup with the procedure.
10. Why isn't it showing the Personal Account as a payment option for a regular order?
The system will only display the Personal Account as an option to pay for an order if there are enough funds in that account to cover that order.
11. We have orders displayed as declined in the unpaid invoices area, but our merchant account does not have a record of the transactions?
There is a filter in our system, that if the card number does not pass the valid card number test, it is not sent to your gateway. It prevents fraudulent people from hitting your gateway with fake card numbers, that can lead to trouble for you. It is likely the cards were mis-entered, or could have a few digits transposed. We can always investigate further if you have reason to suspect this is not the case, as our system logging will confirm what has gone on..
12. Oh no! Member XYZ has a negative account balance. What do I do?
It is only due to the reversal of an earlier payment, thereby showing a negative balance on the running total of the account. A purchase is not possible on a 0 or negative balance account. Also note that only admin processing allows negative balances.
13. I want to set service fee for Check transactions. How do I do that? Where will I find the settings?
Go to Configuration > Money > Payement Types page from the left hand menu. Then locate the Check payment method and click on Edit.
In the editing window, click on the Service Fee Detail button. Then in the respective Outgoing Fee box edit the value and click on Update.
14. Previously with PayPal, the user had the option to use their credit card or login with PayPal. The Credit Card option is not shown anymore?
Commissions & Reports
1. Where does customer volume get credited? I know it is a Members personal volume, but what side of the binary?
It is treated as member's own volume, so no side for the sponsor. it's like volume from their own purchase unless customers are placed in the binary tree. In that system, customers are not in the binary, so all volume generated by customers would be treated as the sponsor's own volume.
2. How does the system deal with the current commission period if some members return orders in a previous commission period?
If a customer or a distributor were to return an order in a previous commission period then the system would deduct that order from the current commission period, which would result in a negative bonus for the refund order in the current commission period.
3. How can members expand the matrix in my Expanding Matrix Commission Plan?
- When a member reaches the appropriate status/rank, his information will automatically have a special back end flag set to grant him the appropriate new width - which will spawn the placement leg to have the extra legs show for them, automatically.
- You can also set it in advance of them qualifying if you wish by using the Flag Update from the Distributor Maintenance area. You would set the width override flag. For example, If you set it to 9, they would have 9 legs. You may grant them legs as many as you want.
- You can also set a period range limiting how long they have the extra legs if you like/need. To set it for infinite period set it to 1 to 9999.
4. If I refund an order to a member's Personal Account and mark it as CreditNonComm will it show up as income on their 1099?
In 1099 report, only transactions related to terms of CreditComm, DebitComm and earned commission payouts are included in 1099. The transactions for CreditNonComm and DebitNonComm (terms used for non commission-able transaction) won't be included in 1099 report.
6. Why are the Ranks of some members not upgraded even after they have qualified for that title and commissions have been run?
Members' ''Ranks'' are updated after the commission run for the period in which the activity has taken place. The reason why the ranks of new signups or qualified members are not updated is because you have not run the commission for that period. You may also configure your system to run commissions daily. In this case, they would see their ranks within 24 hours of signup. Contact INS via mantis bug before configuring your comm setup.
Signup & Placement
1. What happens to the signups when you have enabled the Rollback Unfinancial Signup feature in your system?
If Rollback Unfinancial Signup is enabled, the members with Pending status (signup order due or have aborted the signup process), after 24 to 48 hours, depending on the time they signed up. However, the system won't be able to delete them if they have sponsored someone already.
2. What happens to the down line and the their sponsorship when a user decides to quit and is terminated? Are they reassigned?
Yes, people (downlines) sponsored by a terminated member will be reassigned (compressed) based on system configuration. The setting is called Compression Type and it is located in Configuration > Admin > System Defaults settings. Check the Setting up Compression manual.
3. What happens when an account becomes suspended or when a member status is changed to Suspended?
1. Suspended members cannot access their members lounge or their account, as their passwords have been changed by system.
2. Autoships would be removed. Volume would accumulated if there is enough PV. No further commissions should be earned.
3. All commission earned but not paid, would be generated withdrawal request. No retail commission. No dynamic compression on Matching bonus, but uplines of suspended member would receive matching bonus on downlines for suspended members as usual.
- a. Fast Start would be earned if they have been flagged and have minimum PV of 45 or more.
- b. Binary commissions would be capped to zero. No matching commission. No coded bonus.
4. What happens to the signups which were left incomplete or aborted? There are new signups with Pending status?
Those who abort the signup process or leave it incomplete (for whatever reason) or don't get far enough to even generate an account gets stuck in PENDING status. Those incomplete signups will be removed during daily housekeeping. They will be removed from the system after 12 hours.
- Lets say, the daily housekeeping runs around 3 a.m. If a person tried to sign up before 3 p.m. and didn't finish it, then the account would be removed during next housekeeping. But if they tried to sign up after 3 p.m. and didn't finish it, this account will be removed on the day after the next housekeeping - as the account wasn't more than 12 hours old at the time of housekeeping next day.
5. Why don't I see the Terms and Conditions acceptance screen/section when signing up new members?
The Terms and Conditions do not display when an Admin manually signs up new users. Hence, be sure your users have agreed to these first.
6. Why does a user show active on all screens but in the Placement Viewer they are pinked out (showing inactive)?
In this case, the user may be an active distributor, but hasn't purchased anything yet, i.e. still yet to place an order. This means that the user is not active in terms of commission, which would explain why they are set as inactive in the Placement Viewer. Active in Distmaint means that they haven't been suspended or terminated. Active in the Placement Viewer means they have achieved the minimum volume for the last 4 periods.
7. In case of admin signups, do the new distributors/customers receive the standard registration email from the system?
Yes. The users that you have signup will receive the same email along with their username and password, as if they have signed up themselves.
8. Are the Holding Tank and the Reposition concepts (in the Placement tab) two separate features? Need Clarification.
Yes. The Holding Tank and Repositioning (Placement) features are very different, even if they share the same concept of an expiry period. ''Repositioning'' means that you can move/place someone around within the expiry period; whereas the ''Holding Tank'' means that someone you sponsored will be held in the tank (upon signup), until the expiry period, without being placed. Both of these features consider the ''signup date'' as the starting time. Click here to learn more.
DistMaint & Members Lounge
1. What URL is shown in the Gift Certificates > Create New page? Why is it showing ####.sysaps.com/[username]/join?
As the system can handle multiple URLs, the URL you have logged in with will display in various areas. In this you have likely logged in from the numeric domain of the system and hence it is showing you such path name. Users logged in to your actual website, should see the correct URL.
2. Is it better to allow distributors to set up Automatic Request for Withdrawals? Or only allow manual withdrawals with admin approval?
We recommend that you allow the Distributors to set up Auto Withdrawals, as it is always best to let members have the ability to set up an auto withdrawal so they do not feel that you are trying to keep their funds. Let the members be free to withdraw their funds securely (with the system).
3. Is there a way to send custom message to individual or selected group of members from DistMaint back office?
Yes you can do that. Go through the Send Custom Message manual to learn more. To avoid looking through pages in the list to check the box to send the custom message just to one user, you can set the Skip Single Result to No in the Search Preferences box and save the changes.
4. If we change a Distributors Status to Suspended or Terminated, will that also remove them from getting any emails from the system?
Suspended and terminated members are not included in system email blasts. However, Distributors, Unfinancial Distributors and Customers are.
5. Where in the members lounge can the distributors and the customers view the details of their past orders (invoices)?
A member can view his past orders listed in the Invoices tab in the fourth quadrant in the Members Lounge. Click here to learn more.
Shopping Cart and Autoship
1. How to make products unavailable for Admins & Members? Prevent a product/item from displaying in the shopping cart?
In order to remove products from the view of members you can simply set the product to Disabled. However, if you wish to make this product unavailable for Admins it is a bit trickier. The first thing you can do is set the product as Out of Stock so that the admin won't go to purchase this item, or you could make all admins & staff aware of these changes so they wont purchase an item if it is disabled for members.
2. How to re-run declined autoships? Where can I find and/or enable/disable this feature?
There is an option within the systems that allows you to rerun autoships every X number of days. This will also send them a email notifying them of the declined autoship. The system is set at a default 3 re-attempts and the order will be deleted and the member will be terminated. If you wish to enable this function in your system please contact INS support.
3. Can I delete a product or an item and then re-create the same in shopping cart? What are the risks in doing this?
Instead of deleting a product or an item, we suggest you to disable the same (along with disabling the product properties). If the product or the items under it are not deleted completely, then it may cause interference to the new product and as a result the members will be confused with the data in the shopping cart. In case you are required to do so, then make sure that all your staffs are aware of the changes. Also ensure that all the items under the product you want to delete are removed first and completely. In case of any doubts, contact INS Support or submit a mantis bug.
System & Security
1. Are INS systems Secure? How do we know if there was a breach in our System Security?
All INS Systems are 100% secure, or as close to 100% secure as is possible with today's technology. Check the SSL manual for more. All systems are firewall protected, credit card numbers are also stored encrypted. All transmission to gateway interface is on HTTPS. We also run PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliance scans quarterly to ensure up to PCI (payment card industry) standards. Meaning all systems are at the highest possible security. We have never had a breach, been woken up by folks trying numerous times as we have extensive hacker alerting in place.
2. What Gateways/Payment Processors do INS support?
We support the following gateways but are not limited to: Authorize(AIM), TransFirst, eWay, Virtual Merchant, eProcessingNetwork, BarclayCard, Link Point, Network Merchants, Giact Systems, Yourpay, Payjunction. Check out the Gateway Setup manual to learn more on gateway support.
3. Unable to upload a .mp4 file to File Upload / Admin Uploader? Cannot upload video files?
We do not support large file hosting in our prices. We recommend that you use YouTube or Amazon S3 for large rich media files. This should solve your large rich media hosting issues at minimal cost. Also, for other file types with large file size, we recommend Amazon file hosting server.
4. Are you able to add add jQuery modules to your system?
Yes. jQuery is already loaded up on the site. You may add a jQuery plugins into the system. For that you need to upload them using the File Uploader in the Configuration > Website Setup section .After uploading, you can then refer the files on the page you wish to use the jQuery plugin.
5. I am thinking of having a different Terms and Conditions for Customers and Members. How do I do that?
You can definitely do that. We have a tutorial that covers that very topic. Check out the Terms and Conditions manual to learn more.
6. Why do members with Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. complain so much they did not get emails from the MLM Software?
This is likely due to the receiving end. Check out this manual where we have listed the possible causes for such issues: Not Getting Email.
7. Why am I not able to send an outgoing email? Why is my outgoing email function down or not working/responding?
This error is due to too many invalid authentication attempts from your IP. Once the connected IP reaches a total amount of invalid authentications, the system identifies this as a threat and automatically blocks your IP for an hour. It will then re-enable it after that period of time. Note: If you are accessing your email from multiple devices, please make sure that the password and/or emailID entered is correct on all your devices.
8. Why does sending out email blast take time? I have just sent a blast to all members and many have not received it yet?
The system staggers the delivery to prevent being flagged as spam, so it sends batches of 200-500 emails every couple of minutes. If the database is big enough, then this could add up to a fair amount of time - it has to build and store each email individually, as they are all personalized. It may take a while before the first email is sent. How long does it take? If we are talking many hours, then we may have a problem.
9. Is it possible to run two OmSys systems using only one account?
Swapping between two systems is possible. Running two totally different OmSys systems simultaneously is not possible. (Only one username is assigned to an account). A dummy signup may be the better option. Contact INS via mantis bug if you wish to discuss switching between OmSys systems.